Thursday, October 24, 2013

Extended Family

Here's a few pictures of some of my "extended" family in my village. I actually spend most of my time at their house and eat dinner with them almost every night. They are great people and I love hanging out with them.

Mose preparing the Samoan oven

The oven next to the heating kettle in the fale kuka (cooking house)

Lagi watching Mose work

Karisi and I

Eating like a king

Mose and I eating with the family across from Vaoa, Karisi's father

My family's church which is right behind their house

The back of my family's house

The front of their house

The interior during Sunday lunch


Zach Jr. (No seriously. He's named after me.)



Their backyard. Samoans bury their dead in graves on their property, often in their front yards

Zach Jr. and Fao

No comments:

Post a Comment