Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Power, phone, off to Savai'i

We gathered as a group last night to celebrate Christmas together. We exchanged gifts aSecret Santas, listened to carols, and talked for a few hours. Then, we got a special Christmas present for all of us--the power came back on at our hotel! The hotel istill without water but it's been nice to be able to charge up our phones and computers and have light to pack with.

During our celebration someone sneaked into my room and stool my (brand new) phone. They managed to take the $9.00 of credit I had within a few minutes. I called around to the phone company and the PC safety and security officer but it seemed pretty hopeless. Then, as I was heading to my room for bed whoever took my phone had replaced it on the railing next to my door. I was happy to see it returned and if someone needed credit on their phone during the aftermath of Cyclone Evan I'm glad they were able to get it.

Now I'm packing the last of my things before they are packed into a van and we head over to the ferry to Savai'i. Update soon (I hope)!

No comments:

Post a Comment